Saturday, June 11, 2011

MLP Two: Cookies

           I feel like a fool for not being able to find where the cookies are stored, but then I read a couple of the other kids in my class blogs and they couldn't either. I have deleted them before when deleting my history but never actually seen a list. But i can still give a (slightly) educated response or view on them.
        My first thought about them is bad. It mite be silly but I just dont like the idea of there being a database out there that has everything Jay Kobiska has done, or been to on the internet. I have nothing to hide, but at the same time that is a little off-putting. Im not a very private person to say, but  I dunno...that picture is still in my head of a list of everything ive ever done. BUT cookies are a solid piece of info that the internet uses to help. Pandora plays music that is similar to ones that you have rated. The song isnt always going to be one you like, but if you dislike one it will never play again. They are able to do this because of cookies. Since they have that info, I dont have to listen to that terrible song ever again. Overall I guess cookies aren't to bad. To my knowledge, they do more good for me than harm.
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment